We provide a full line of abrasive slurry products. Abrasive slurry is primarily used for lapping and polishing processes. The viscous adhesive quality of the base carrier holds the slurry and abrasive on the lap or polishing plate. The viscosity and lubricity of the base carrier provide high film strength and reduced friction. This allows higher than normal pressures to be applied to the components during processing.
Diamond slurry can also be used quite successfully on a power driven polishing machine. It can be applied by hand or diamond slurry dispensing system.
Standard Lapping Abrasive Slurry
Our lapping and grinding compounds are abrasive slurries designed for the precision cutting and surfacing of metals, ceramics, and other composite materials. Used as a secondary process to traditional grinding, milling, boring, and EDM machining, our compounds allow final finishing of material surfaces not practical with other mechanical methods.
Lapping and grinding compounds are recommended for the following applications:
- Producing an ultra-flat surface such as the lapping of gauges, valve seats, and mechanical seal faces. Lapping and grinding compounds
- Smoothing surfaces like shaft surfaces and bearing races.
- Creating perfectly-mated parts for running-in gears and finishing industrial valves.
- Cleaning surfaces and removing material too difficult to remove by other methods, as in finishing hardened tool steel.
- Lapmaster compounds are formulated with abrasive grains including aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, and boron carbide suspended in either an oil based or water based gel. These compounds are classified by the abrasive grit size, ranging from very coarse for higher stock removal requirements to extremely fine for high precision flatness and surface finish requirements.
Natural and synthetic diamond slurry is available. Both oil and water base paste can be selected. The slurry can be provided in medium, standard and strong diamond concentrations.